Thursday, November 11, 2004

 

Coach Eustachy update

Andy Katz wrote a great piece about Coach Eustachy at his new job coaching Southern Miss. It sounds like things are going well for him and I think things are working out well for everyone involved. At the time I was really opposed to his firing and felt that ISU was making a big mistake. Looking back I think it may have been the only thing to do and it would be so tough for him to continue there. That said, I still feel like he is the best coach that ISU has ever had and will have success wherever he goes but I feel great about having Coach Morgan lead the team. Considering what LE did while he was drinking I can only think that he will be that much better now that he can place more of his focus on basketball.

It's easy to put coaches on a pedastal and not imagine them having lives outside of basketball but he always seemed so down to earth. He seemed like a great guy and someone that you'd love to sit down with to talk basketball and whatever for a few hours. The only time I ever saw him off the basketball court he was at HyVee talking to his kids about what kind of cereal he wanted. Just a normal dad shopping on a Sunday afternoon. I wish him the best of luck at Southern Miss and I'll keep my eye on how they're doing.

Comments:
I tip my hat, Ben. The new template looks sharp.
 
Ben-

The Valley Hawk suggested I check out your site. Good stuff. Welcome to the blogosphere -- Glad you could join us.

Noticed you had kindly added a link to my blog on your site. Thanks much! I'll return the favor and include Hilton Magic in my blogroll the next time I update.

But a quick request. Could you please change the title of the link? From "College Ball" to "College Basketball" -- I've found I get more traffic sent my way with the full name.

Thanks kindly and keep in touch!

Yoni Cohen, collegeball.blogspot.com
College Basketball Blog
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?