Saturday, January 29, 2005

 
Hey, I'm sure if you're one of my two loyal readers you noticed I didn't post about the KSU game. Pretty much because it was the same stuff that's happened all year and it's getting harder for me to justify making time to write about this stuff. It's been a disappointing and frustrating season for the Cyclones. They have too much talent to be this bad. They do have a lot of holes that need to be filled but the "Big Three" all had the potential for all-Big 12 seasons and haven't met up with expectations, especially in the win column. I'll admit that I don't understand what is happening with this team. I'd like to believe that Morgan can be a good coach but it's difficult to defend him when looking at this team. No one seems concerned about doing the little things that need to be done to be successful. Rumors have been circulating about team chemistry which is probably having a big effect if true. My question is, where is the leadership to stop that stuff? A senior with as much experience as Homan should be in that role. Two sophomore guards with as much talent as Stinson and Blalock should be able to demand respect from younger players. Maybe they are the problem, who knows? What I do know is that I really miss Jake Sullivan and Jackson Vroman. They may not have made an NCAA tourney together but they were going to play hard every night and were guys that could be leaders on and off the court.

I'll watch the OU game today but I'm not holding out much hope, I guess. The team has had chances to step it up but I'm not really going to believe it until I see it. There's still a chance to end that road losing streak this year but it's really going to take a better effort than we've seen from this team in a long time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?