Tuesday, February 08, 2005

 

A road winning streak?

Did anyone think that would even be possible a few weeks ago?

I really think this team is finding its stride and playing with so much confidence. When Nebraska pulled ahead by 5 late in the second half the old Cyclones would have packed it in and lost by 10 or so but this team seems like it decided it's not going to lose those games anymore. Carr and Clark continue to provide some much needed three point shooting at critical times. Both of them made major, major shots.

Another story was the return of Stinson. He played a great game tonight and cast off some of the doubters from early in the year. I knew he had it in him and there isn't anyone else I'd rather have with the ball when we need a basket. I thought he got fouled on a couple of his missed layups. I thought the refs were pretty bad all game. They were inconsistant on their calls and blew the whistles on the Cyclones at some bad times while letting the Huskers get away with a lot. It's about what I expect from Big XII officials.

I'll have more thoughts later after I look at the stats and think about the game for a while. This week's game with Texas Tech is shaping up to be huge. ISU's currently in a tie for 6th pending the outcome of the Texas game tonight.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?