Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

Whoa, where have I been?

Hey, sorry I kind of forgot to mention that I would be in Chicago from Thursday night until late Monday but that's where I was. I wanted to take a trip with my girlfriend to visit her sister and conference tournament weekend looked like the better option than opening weekend of the NCAA tournament. I was forced to keep my eye on the papers and catching a few glimpses of some games shown in bars. Unfortunately, most of my action was limited to the last minute or so of the Iowa-MSU game in a bar that had about 5 or 6 Hawkeye fans and 2 unhappy looking Spartan fans.

Anyway, ISU is in with a 9 seed against Minnesota in Charlotte. I'm working on some info on the Goofers but won't have that ready for a little while since I'm trying to get my own bracket together (priorites, right?). At first glance, I like the matchup. The press has the potential to force a lot of turnovers against a team that seems to be prone to committing them. Looking beyond that and Roy "Likes Boys" Williams and UNC loom in the second round. He's been known to choke before and ISU can beat good teams when they have to. But, I don't want to get ahead of myself yet. Take care of Minnesota first.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?